Symposium "Generation and Transfer of Knowledge for Digital Transformation"
Purpose and scope of the event
The development of modern societies cannot be conceived without their computerization. The digital transformation of all socio-economic processes allows for an increase in their efficiency and effectiveness, for which it is necessary to use advanced Industrialization Technologies, also called Technologies that enable digital transformation. This information-based revolution generates a continuous development of the formats and ways in which information is searched, retrieved, processed and used.
It is not possible to advance in this development environment without managing to close the I+D+i cycle, for which knowledge transfer plays a major role. The knowledge generated during the investigation has to be converted into useful technologies in the solution of problems and introduced in the productive processes. On the other hand, the development of new computer products and services, which allow us to achieve technological independence and the generation of exportable products, is not possible without the incorporation of new computational methods and based on our own know-how.
The Symposium "Generation and Transfer of Knowledge for Digital Transformation" is aimed at disseminating the main scientific results achieved in the field of information technologies and promoting a framework for scientific exchange on these, within the academic-scientific center and of this with the productive sector and services; which guarantees the updating of existing knowledge in this field and its transfer to different actors in society. In short, the Symposium will be focused on the latest technologies in Computing and the university-business relationship in the field of IT based on knowledge transfer and innovation.
The event includes tutorial courses, specialized conferences and presentations of papers.
President of the Organizing Committee: Dr. Daniel Gálvez Lio.
President of the Scientific Committee: Dr. Rafael Bello Pérez.
Executive Secretary: Dr. Gheisa Ferreiro Lorenzo.
• University-Enterprise relationship for the development of IT: Transfer of knowledge in innovation in the Cuban software industry. Perspectives for the export of computer products and services. University-business productive linkages. Experiences and good practices in software export.
• Information and Knowledge for Development: Open Science and Education, Information and Knowledge Management in times of Pandemic, Digital Governance, Professional Training in Information Sciences, Archives, Evaluation of production and scientific communication.
• Data Sciences and Big Data: Techniques for knowledge discovery (Non-standard Machine Learning, Explainable Artificial Intelligence, Soft Computing and metaheuristics, Distributed Algorithms for Machine Learning, Deep Neural Networks, Massive Data Mining). Computer vision and signal processing and analysis. Natural language processing. Infrastructures for data science (data analysis based on high performance computing and cloud computing). Heterogeneous infrastructures to offer HPC and Bigdata. Cloud computing platforms for the deployment of supercomputing services. Good practices in the use of DevOps techniques. OpenStack as a service infrastructure for HPC and BigData. Data science applications (Industry 4.0, IoT, Simulation of systems and digital twins, Smart factories).
• Dr. Carlos Morell Pérez.
• Dr. Carlos Pérez Risquet.
• Dr. Yusely Ruiz González.
• Dr. Alberto Taboada Crispi.
• Dr. Maria Josefa Peralta.
• Dr. Grizly Meneses Pleasures.
• Dr. Manuel Osvaldo Machado Rivero.
• Dr. Héctor Cruz Enriquez.
• Dr. Yanet Rodríguez Sarabia.
• Dr. María M. García Lorenzo.
MSc. Frank Reyes Garcia. firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules for sending contributions
The works must be original and adapt to the themes of the event. Contributions will be submitted to a review process by the scientific committee of the Symposium and evaluated according to criteria of scientific rigor, topicality and contribution to the areas of knowledge in the fundamental thematic axes.
The works must be written according to the format established in the call for the UCLV Scientific Convention 2023, in Spanish or English. They must be sent as established by the Convention. The accepted papers will be published in the memories of the convention under the Editorial Samuel Feijoó of the Central University "Marta Abreu" of Las Villas.
Extended versions of selected papers will be published in scientific journals, for which they will be selected ionated papers according to their rigor and scientific level and according to the characteristics of the magazine.
Lectures and tutorial courses:
Master conferences and tutorial courses will be given by renowned Cuban and foreign specialists, these activities will be broadcast online, but the videos will also be available offline.
Dates of interest
• Reception of abstracts and papers: June 30, 2023.
• Notification to the authors about the result of the review of the papers: September 15, 2023.
• Delivery of the final version of the accepted works: September 30, 2023.
The Symposium will meet in person and virtually. The program will be organized into work sessions where the text in pdf, a presentation in pdf format and a 10-minute video with the oral presentation will be available for each accepted paper. All this information will be available offline during the entire development period of the event. Participants may make comments or questions to the authors and speakers.
Those registered in the Symposium will have access to all the materials.
Ubicación del evento
III Convención Científica Internacional UCLV 2021
|Highway to Camajuaní 5 1/2 km|
|Santa Clara VCL|
Los detalles para el registro serán publicados próximamente